Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rupert McKelvie’s Missing Pieces Table

Except of furniture renovation and all other handmade I love putting together jigsaw puzzles. Today I found my twin soul who loves furniture and puzzles as much as I do - Rupert McKelvie. He is a British designer mostly working on furniture design and other home decor.
Once upon a time he had jigsaw puzzle set with missing parts, so he decided create something useful and complete from these pieces. I believe it took a lot of time to put this puzzle-table. There are 4800 pieces from Arc de Triomphe, Winnie the Pooh, night sky and Taj Mahal puzzles.
Rupert McKelvie says "I was all too aware of the frustration of nearing the end and realizing there were ‘missing pieces’. It became something that would never see completion". So as we can see some times frustration can easily transform to inspiration. 
I have put puzzle with train into the box long time ago because I lost a lot of pieces, so now I am thinking to create something like this awesome table :)

No comments:

Post a Comment